Friday 28 December 2012

The Vault, London

 
 
 
 
The minute I set my eyes on The Vault nothing could stop me from going in. Pretty bar stools lined up in 2 neat rows was what I saw from the outside. The Christmas decoration was simple yet attractive.
I chose to sit next to the glass window where I could have a clear view of the Thames. We browsed through the menu for what seemed like eternity (for the waiter that is, as he was very eager to take our order!).



 
 



The sauces


Eventually we decided to have soup of the day (£4.50) and tuna rocket salad (£7.85) for starters. The soup was very yummy…and we were having a tough but fun time trying to guess what it was. Finally we gave up and asked the waited instead. And ta-da….we were told it was tomato soup!

The colourful tuna rocket salad was a feast not only for the eyes – it was very tasty and I really loved it.





Our main course – sirloin steak and fish and chips! The sirloin steak (£15.95) was not that huge in size, by my standards that is, but it was truly delectable. Not too tough nor too rare, I loved every bite of it.








Fish and chips (£10.95) – simply scrumptious!

 


Although food at the Vault is slightly pricey, I would say the premium price is justified.

Horace Jones Vault

London SE1 2UP
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment