Wednesday 12 December 2012

Peppercorn Café, SS15 Subang Jaya




It has been a while since I patronised this place and I was informed that ownership has changed hands since my last visit in 2010.  But, nothing much has changed physically that is. The ambience remains the same and Peppercorn is still popular with the college students living in SS15.





 We arrive just after noon on a Saturday afternoon and the place is certainly packed.We I chose a table which had 2 benches, just near the beverage counter.

For appetisers we had escargot (RM11) . I simply adore the texture and  flavour of escargots!  Peppercorn serves escargots  without shells. I personally prefer escargots served with their shells, as the fun part of eating them was to try to get  them out from the shells in one perfect piece. Anyway, I found the escargot here rather over-cooked.
 We also ordered some garlic bread (RM5.70) – the garlic bread here is highly recommended. The aroma & texture is simply awesome!
 We then decided to do the set lunch. I had the fish lunch set (RM13.50) – it comes complete with soup, main course, dessert and tea/coffee.  I was first served with a bowl of potato soup – this was a thick soup and I loved it.
 The fish was a little insipid, it lacked flavour and I had to request for some tabasco sauce!  

 My friend had the mixed grill (RM21.50)  which was served with some fries and vegetables. The sauce was tasty and the all the meat very well cooked.
 For dessert (which was part of our set) we had jelly and ice cream.
 Well,  I would say for the price we paid, we can’t complain much J
Address : No 21, Jalan SS15/4,
Subang Jaya,
47500 Petaling Jaya.

Tel : +603 5631 1808

Business Hours:
Monday to Thursday: 8:00am to 3:00pm
Friday and Saturday: 8:00am to 3:00pm & 6:00pm to 10:00pm
Closed on Sunday and Public Holiday
Only cash is accepted

 

No comments:

Post a Comment