Friday 21 December 2012

Bella Italia, London


I walked into this Italian restaurant called Bella Italia in Queensway. I was pretty sure I saw another restaurant by the same name along the same road a while ago. A check with the waitress confirmed that yes, they do have another outlet just nearby.
 
 
 

The menu clearly shows they do pizzas and pasta. I browsed through the mini card on my table which showed a ‘Bella New Year’ 3-course meal going for £19.95 but decided not to go for it.
 


I settled for a magherita pizza priced at £6.95. The menu promised that the pizza would be as traditionally pizzas should be – thin and crisp, topped with sauce specially made in Italy with 100% Italian tomatoes – wow! I just couldn’t wait. This was what I got:-
 



With tomatoes, mozzarella and fresh basil, this pizza was very aromatic. I took a bite and knew instantly that I had fallen head over heels in love with the pizza here.

Finish your pizza & this is what it says!
The orange juice I had (£2.50) was nothing near our Malaysian version. I then recalled that someone once told me that in London they made fresh orange juice just with oranges – no sugar added. No wonder it was a tad too sour for me.
 

Raspberry and rose (£2.15) – this was indeed  very thirst quenching.
 

This is polpetti America (£9.95) – quite an expensive plate of spaghetti..almost RM50. I had to keep telling myself not to convert to RM. Well, polpetti refers to Italian meatballs. I was told that a dish of spaghetti and meatballs, though often associated with Italian food, is virtually non-existent in Italy. Therefore the ‘America’ is the name of this dish is probably so because Americans often think that spaghetti should be served with huge meatballs. This dish was simply awesome.
 

This is spaghetti Bolognese which comes with a complimentary drink & some carrot-cucumber sticks and of course ice cream(£5.25). The al dente texture of the pasta along with the well-cooked sauce made this dish very appetising.

 
 
 
Entree
 

Ice cream
 

 

Address : 55 Queensway

London W2 4QH

Tel : +44 20 7792 2880

Credit cards accepted

No comments:

Post a Comment