Sunday 16 December 2012

Restoran Tua Huat, Petaling Jaya

Tua Huat hails all the way from Ulu Yam and Ulu Yam is always synonymous with loh mee…and that was what we went to try.



We arrive at 12 noon and the place was packed. I was told that business here is very good so much so that customer service is compromised.

We were given the menu by a lady who was more interested in having  a chat with her little daughter than bothering with us. Anyway, we  made our selection and waited for some time. A single portion of loh mee costs RM6.50. The medium one can feed 2-3 persons whilst the large portion priced at RM18 is sufficient for 4-5 pax. The loh mee was the first to arrive and it was aromatic. Do remember to eat it with vinegar as it makes this wonderful loh mee much tastier. Well, my verdict for this would be – the best loh mee in town.


This is the fish cake (RM4)  made of parang fish (西刀). I could taste fresh delicious fish in every bite- truly awesome….it really reminded me of the fish cake I used to eat as a child! Wow! That brings back some memories.


Anyway, moving on was the spring roll (RM9 per roll)- 五香春卷- filled with lots of pork. I’ve always loved spring roll and this was served hot from the frying pan. We had to wait (impatiently!) for it to cool down a little before sinking our teeth into it. Truly awesome!

Claypot Yam Pork-Rib Noodle Yee Mee (排骨伊面) – a medium portion costs RM15 while the large one is sold at RM20. With barely any ingredients except for yam and pork ribs that is, I didn’t really like this dish. Perhaps the liking for yam is essential for anyone ordering this dish…and that is something I certainly do not have.


This is chicken feet with mushroom. I was disappointed with this dish as it had many pieces of chicken feet but only had half a mushroom. It wasn’t as tasty as I had expected as the gravy was a bland.

Chicken wings (RM5 for 2 pieces) – deep fried and served hot – what I had today was a  tad salty. If not for that, I would say that they were good.


This is Tua Huat’s version of chicken rice…when it was served I thought they sent  the food to the wrong table, but the waitress confirmed that this was indeed chicken rice. Hahaha…pardon my ignorance…but technically they were not wrong…it was chicken fillet well marinated and cooked in a special sauce and served with rice – doesn’t that qualify as chicken rice, you tell me , ok? Frankly, I quite enjoyed this version of chicken rice.

 
Well, if I ever do come back, it will be for the ‘to-die-for’ loh mee….simply out of this world!



Address : 50G, Jalan 19/3,

46300 Petaling Jaya

Opening hours : 9am to 8.30pm daily except for Tuesday (9am to 2pm)

Telephone : 019-6648711 or 012-3092835

Only cash is accepted



No comments:

Post a Comment