Thursday 2 May 2013

Xiang Yue Qing, Bandar Sunway


Chinese restaurants owned and managed by mainland Chinese are aplenty in Bandar Sunway. If you have been reading my postings, you would notice that I’ve tried almost all of them. Today, I had dinner at another one of them. After this, I can proudly announce that I have tried all of the mainland Chinese restaurants in PJS 8. What an achievement!


We arrive at 7pm and there were no customers inside this restaurant. We were initially quite sceptical but gathered enough courage to try what they had to offer. There was only one lady serving customers – she took our orders and brought us drinks and food from the kitchen.

 
 
We were told to wait patiently as most of the food we ordered needed to be steamed and as such may take a longer time. As we waited we happily chatted as we sipped the coconut drinks we all ordered.

 
This is called stone fish (RM38) – fish is cooked and served in a stone pot i.e ishinabe style. The soup tasted like a mild version of tomyam, but with a slight twist i.e it had lotus roots. It was indeed very appetising and I loved the fact that the fish wasn’t too bony.
 

Steamed bun (RM10) – somehow, this dish is always seen as something pretty and tasty to me. Big thumbs up! Note  : these buns are eaten with condensed milk.
 

Vermicelli with bud whites (RM18) – I really don’t know how to describe the taste of this dish. The entire dish has been steamed giving it a rather unique taste – the ingredients were soft, yet in each mouthful I could sense a blend of sourish-salty sensation.  Absolutely delicious!
 

Pumpkin chicken (RM36) – this has to be one of the best dishes I’ve ever encountered. The steamed pumpkin has a soft texture and sweet taste, When this is eaten together with the cut tender chicken, what I got was simply divine!
 

snow clams steamed in papaya (RM16) – this is a special dish that I would highly recommend for those who love snow clams. Snow clams are said to be good for the skin and I can tell you that the dish was refreshing, light, sweet and not even a tad slimy or fishy. It was THAT good.
 

As time past and we were almost done with our pleasantly delightful meal, customers were slowly  but surely making their way into Xiang Yue Qing and filling up the place!

 

Address : No  9G Jalan PJS 8/10

Dataran Mentari

Bandar Sunway

46150 Petaling Jaya

Tel : +603 5613 3395

Cash terms only although the sign at the door may say ‘We prefer Mastercard’

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment