Friday 17 May 2013

Chinese Traditional Food Cuisine


Bandar Sunway has always been a food haven for authentic Chinese cuisine. This time I went to this restaurant called Chinese Traditional food Cuisine. The marble tables and chairs add a touch of class to this spotless restaurant. Inside the cool air conditioning is certainly a welcome from the sweltering heat outside.
 


I chose a table for 5 near the entrance where I got a nice view of the road outside and also got a glimpse of the on-goings inside this restaurant. The lady who took our orders spoke Cantonese and Mandarin with a heavy Chinese accent.
 





 

Cucumber salad (RM6)  - with  a rather unique blend of sourness and sweetness plus some spiciness from the chillies, this dish was very appetising and it certainly lived up to my expectation of a good appetiser.


 

 
This is ishinabe fish (RM38) . We requested that this dish be made non-spicy. What we got was a delicious pot of soup which had that pungent ginger taste. The soup was very tasty but my only complaint was that the fish had lots of tiny bones. In case you are wondering what ishinabe is, it is a stone pot. Food cooked in such a pot is said to do wonders for our health.
 


 

Beef with wild chillies (RM26) – you don’t see much chillies left as  someone had diligently removed them as soon as the dish arrived.  What looks like asparagus in the photo below is actually a specially imported vegetable from China. I never did find out the name, though. Well, this dish was indeed my favourite as the thinly sliced beef was tender and delicious.

 
 
Sweet and sour pork ribs (RM25) – garnished with some sesame on top, the fragrant smell of this dish made me really hungry that I ordered an extra bowl of rice just to polish off whatever little gravy there was. It was really superb!
 
 
 
This is called pickled frogs (RM30) – hot and spicy, I love the tender meat.
 

 
 
Stir fried kai lan (RM12) – slightly oily for my liking, but palatable anyhow.
 

 

Address :  3A, Jalan PJS 8/10

Dataran Mentari

46150 Petaling Jaya

Tel : +603 5622 2188 / +017  6802 977

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment