Wednesday 22 May 2013

Rue Ee Restaurant, OUG


Every Thursday evening there is a pasar malam (night market) in this area of OUG which makes parking and of course driving a hassle too. I’ve always avoided this area on Thursdays evening at all costs…… until I discovered Ru Ee Restaurant, which is located just opposite a huge parking area (free too!).

As I walked towards Ru Ee after obtaining a parking spot without any hassle, the door opened and I was greeted by an elderly lady with a huge smile. ‘Welcome’ she said. Wow! I really felt welcome. She then led us to a table which had a great view of a mini aquarium with 4 tiny fishes swimming around.
The tiny aquarium



I asked the lady to recommend some dishes. She said “Try our vegetables, they are all organically grown”. Good, we’ll take that –and our choice was stir fried watercress (RM12). Young and tender water cress fried with sufficient wok hei always makes me give the thumbs up.

 Initially we wanted to order an entire fish, but the lady told us that an entire fish feeds 10 pax. They do have a huge selection of fish ranging from garoupa to the more expensive soon hock .We finally settled for this -fish slices stir fried with pumpkin (RM28). The sweetness of the pumpkin is absorbed by the fish, thus making this dish very unique and tasty. The pumpkin, however, does not lack in taste and retains its sweetness and softness. What surprised me was that the pumpkin was not soggy or mussy even after they have been stir fried.

This is tong poh yok (pork) with mini buns (RM23). The combination of fat and lean pork makes this dish so yummy as the fat just melts in the mouth like butter, without any effort at chewing. This proves that the pork has been pain-stakingly braised for long.  I must say this is indeed the BEST version of tong poh yoke (東坡肉)  I’ve ever eaten.



I shall certainly be back again. But next time, I'll get more friends to come along.

Address : 43-45, Jalan Hujan

Taman Overseas Union

58200 Kuala Lumpur

Tel : +60 3-7770 3770

Mastercard & Visa accepted

Opens for lunch & dinner



No comments:

Post a Comment