Thursday 1 March 2012

Makan Trip to Kuantan - Honeymoon Restaurant


It’s noon and my stomach is growling. I need some good food, if possible good and reasonably priced food. My Kuantan friend recommended this place along Jalan Haji Ahmad called Honeymoon Restaurant…what a weird name , but since I am hungry, I decided to give it a shot.



I was told that this is one of the popular places for Chinese wedding dinners. So I expected to see a huge dining hall but I was in for a surprise. It’s just a simple restaurant, and when wedding receptions are held, they use the upper levels as well.


Anyway, we’ll  zoom into food now!

There was 10 of us. So we ordered 5 dishes. The first one was a small tong poh pork dish with flower bun (RM16) . It’s very different from the ones I used to have at Esquire. This one had a unique sweetness and the gravy was not thick. The flower buns were the tiniest I have ever seen and measures no more than 3 inches each. You dip the bun in the gravy and then eat it. I quite like this dish!






We took the captain’s recommendation of  ostrich meat on hot plate (RM20). This was cooked with lots of garlic and green peas. The taste was good and I really enjoyed it although I think the peas should have been cooked a little longer.


This is tofu with minced meat. I am not a fan of tofu but I was utterly impressed with this dish in terms of taste. I believe the difference was in the tofu. They tasted very fresh and I liked it. I noticed there were only 12 cubes of tofu, so it worked out to be  RM1 per piece.



Asparagus with prawns and mushroom –this dish costs RM35 but I would say that it was not expensive considering the quantity and the quality of the prawns served –very fresh and large.



The next dish we had was kampong chicken baked with salt –not a common dish I would say. The skin was crispy and the chicken was not too salty –a dish well prepared.



And to end a very appetising meal, we were each given a free bowl of dessert which was longan and jelly in syrup. Our total bill came under RM150 and everyone was very satisfied with the meal.


Indeed Honeymoon Restaurant really lives up to its name. I’ll give it thumbs up for food and reasonable pricing – it will definitely leave a lasting impression in terms of service too…but mind you, this is not a posh place!


Honeymoon Restaurant Sdn Bhd



Address: B 3002 Jalan Haji Ahmad

Off Jalan Beserah

25300 Kuantan, Pahang

Telephone :             +609 513 8823       ,             +609 513 8823     


 Opens for lunch and dinner

Mastercard & Visa accepted

No comments:

Post a Comment