Friday 2 March 2012

Makan Trip to Kuantan -Restoran Hai Tian

In a residential area behind a commercial centre lies the famous Restoran Hai Tian. I arrive at 6pm and was told that all except for 1 table have been booked and so I count myself lucky to get a table.


There were 10 of us and we ordered 6 dishes.

The first dish was their signature dish which was prawns in coconut (RM50). We were given huge and juicy prawns and I enjoyed this dish. I would, however, love it more if they had reduce the amount of coconut milk used.

This is the sei tai tin wong a.k.a the 4 heavenly gods(RM20) which is four angled beans, brinjal, petai and ladies fingers fried with sambal - a tad too dry, but overall this dish deserves a special mention as it was spicy enough for me.

 Next is the Japanese tofu with minced meat (RM20). In terms of taste I have no complaints at all but I think the presentation could have been more interesting.

Marmite spare ribs (RM30) - definitely my favourite dish for this meal. Succulent pieces of spare ribs, cooked to perfection. Enough said!

 This is steam fish in soya sauce, The fish was very fresh and I loved it a lot. These 2 fishes cost RM55.

Just a tip for everyone out there -do call up to make a reservation lest you will be turned away.

 Address:  Lot 4748 Jalan Beserah
25300 Kuantan

 Tel :  013 7714382,  016 9349187  , 09 5144382
Opening hours: 4pm to 1 am
Mastercard & Visa accepted










No comments:

Post a Comment