Saturday 25 February 2012

Twenty Three Restaurant, Hutan Melintang

Approximately 2 hours from Kuala Lumpur lies a quiet little town known as Hutan Melintang. Due to its proximity to the Straits of Malacca, many of the  people here work in the fishing industry. It is said to be the biggest fishing village in Perak.



Although Hutan Melintang has a population of less than a quarter of a million, you will be surprised to see that there are many….and I mean MANY eateries here! Initially I was at a lost as to where to eat. So, I decided to let my nose lead me. And here was where it led me to - Twenty Three Restaurant. (Note: Although the signage shows Chee Cheong Fun..they don't serve it here!)

It was 9am when I arrived and I could see many people in this corner lot restaurant.(Please note that this restaurant does not have air conditioning). I counted - 1,2,3,4……..9. There were only 9 tables inside this restaurant and a few more along the corridor.

An elderly man is in charge of making drinks. We ordered ‘Kopi-O’ (coffee without milk) and tea.

The coffee was rich – it had a very strong presence of coffee aroma…after all, as I had said earlier, my nose led me here!



The tea had a smooth, pleasant taste and I loved it!



This is the nasi lemak with pieces of chicken and some prawns – a must try here.


This is the wantan mee. Absolutely delicious! The noodles were not oily yet they were not dry! I really enjoyed eating this noodles as I loathe eating oily and sticky noodles. This plate of noodles really made my trip here memorable!








Location of restaurant : 
 Taman Sri Ishaq
36400 Hutan Melintang


Only cash is accepted 


No comments:

Post a Comment