Sunday 18 March 2012

Makan Trip to Kuantan - Howin Seafood Restaurant


In my search for a place I've not tried out, I ended up on Jalan Air Putih and decided on Howin Seafood Restaurant with some friends.
The shop is split into 2 sections -one with air con and the other without. As it was a hot afternoon we opted for the former.


We ordered 4 dishes - the first one was steam talapia in chilli sauce (more of sambal!). Don't be fooled by the looks of this dish -it was not spicy at all, in fact it was sweet! This dish costs RM26 - slightly pricey for such a tiny fish.



We were told that they did not have any green vegetable available that day..what a let down. Hence our order of cabbage fried with prawns, carrots and some mushrooms (RM12). The outcome was not too bad, I would say.


 As the 2nd dish was served we were told that our order of fried eggs with prawn would take some time to be served. Why, you may ask....yeah, and I dont blame you for asking too. We were told they have run out of eggs!!!

The third dish was venison with ginger and onion, I didn't expect this dish to turn out so dark -probably too much dark soya sauce!


 I don't have a photo of the final dish as I was already done with lunch when it arrived.

I think this restaurant should be more prepared to serve its customers and for goodness sake please stock up on green veggies!!

Address: 274 Jalan Air Putih

25300 Kuantan

Visa & Mastercard Accepted.

Opens for lunch and dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment