Sunday 25 March 2012

Kedai Kopi Bee Toh , Tanjung Karang



Many of my friends have been to Kedai Kopi Bee Toh and have said that it is a highly recommended coffee shop to go to. Well, let's just say that you must be prepared to have your coffee in the old Chinese coffee shop style.


We left KL early in the morning to avoid the traffic jam. Using the LATAR highway we arrived at our destination within an hour. Mind you, it's only 6 am and the shop is already packed. The very worn-out signboard tells a lot about this place –it has withstood the test of time!









One thing caught my attention - something I must write about here. The spirit of 1-Malaysia is very much alive here. You will see a nasi lemak stall manned by a Malay lady, a chee cheong fun stall run by a Chinese lady - all in the same restaurant. "Wow!", I thought to myself and that's not the end of it. You can see people of all races having their breakfast together in this restaurant.



Breakfast was just for 2. So we ordered tea and coffee. I also asked for some steamed bread with kaya and butter. It was piping hot when it was served and the taste was heavenly.









Bread is never complete without soft-boiled kampung chicken eggs...so we had to order some, and this was served in a cup.....frankly, this is the first time I see this!







Next, we had fried mee hoon with some curry flavoured gravy - a very huge serving but we ate it all up as it really reminded me of the delicious noodles I used to have as a child.

At 6.25am a man walks in with a basket of nasi lemak...remember there is a nasi lemak stall in the restaurant...."Ah! Alaissez-faire market" I said as I reached out for a packet of the rather unique nasi lemak. For the record, I loved the nasi lemak a lot and as I was about to finish it another man walked in with his basket of nasi lemak - truly amazing! 3 different types of nasi lemak in one restaurant!




 All these for less than RM10!!!

Address : No. 68, Jln Besar, 45500, Tanjong Karang, Selangor 

Tel. No: 03-32692297

<span id="fullpost">


</span>

No comments:

Post a Comment