Wednesday 28 November 2012

O'Viet -Sunway Pyramid



Vietnamese food is definitely that I seldom indulge in. After a few hours of walking (and shopping) at Sunway Pyramid, I decided that I could no longer walk and took a short rest near the skating rink area. I look up and spotted O’Viet.


So the 5 of us made our way to O’Viet to have a rest and rejuvenate..and obviously to eat, as well. We ordered lemon grass ginger tea (RM7.90) – I love the fragrance of lemon grass, which always reminds me of a spa. As I took sip after sip of this drink I couldn’t help but feel refreshed. All fresh juices here are served without sugar. The photo below also shows watermelon juice and mango juice. If you are wondering what the brown drink with tiny black strips are –that’s a drink called Michael J (RM5.90). I’ve decided to not spoil the fun by describing the taste of Michael J, but I’ll just say that I highly recommend it.



This is steamed wrapped roll (RM9.90). With bean sprouts on the side and fried onions on top, this was appetising.

Fried spring roll (RM8.90) was delicious as well.

Not bad, I thought, so far so good and I am really enjoying my Vietnamese meal. Next came the stuffed tomatoes (RM18.90) .  Frankly I had no idea what to expect when we ordered this. The outcome – exceptional. The sweetness of the tomatoes combined with the well marinated meat i.e the stuffing made this dish go very well with rice.


Beef salad (RM19.90) – this has to be my favourite salad from now on. I’ll pass on the Caesar salad…more beef salad please!!


Fish grilled with lemon grass and basil (RM23.90). The grilled fish was yummy on its own, but when dipped into the sauce provided tasted really superb. Love it!


Tamarind prawns  (RM28.90) – well, the name of this dish says it all – prawns cooked in tamarind sauce.  I must admit that I have a penchant for  food with a tinge of sourness and this really made my day.

Chicken soup with bean sprouts and basil (RM8.90). I love the spicy earthy note of basil which lends a sharp contrast to the taste of chicken. The end result – a bowl of ‘rat ngon’ soup….well, those are  the 2 words I learnt that day – meaning very delicious.

For dessert we had ice cream with fruits (RM9.90) and Viet cendol (RM8.90)


Address:

G1.45 Sunway Pyramid

46150 Bandar Sunway

GPS Coordinate : 3.073297, 101.607576

Credit cards accepted for RM 50 and above















No comments:

Post a Comment