Wednesday 14 November 2012

Restaurant Tong Juan, Kemaman











A quiet little town located north of Kuantan, Kemaman thrives on its oil & gas as well as steel industry. I went there just to try out what they are very famous for – stuffed crab. I did not know which restaurant to pick as there were so many of them in a row…..so I chose Tong Juan because I found a parking spot right in front of the shop.

We found a table easily as it was still early  and they have just opened for the day.  We ordered our drinks – lo han kuo, ice lemon tea, coconut and longan.

This is fishball soup (RM10)  – easily 20 fishballs inside. The fishballs were smooth and fresh. They did not have any stale fishiness!

Rice served in a pot

This is grilled prawns – the prawns were placed on a stick and served to us. The prawns were very, very fresh and flavourful. Price? RM12 each.


Half a dozen of stuffed crabs.  They cost RM8 each. The crab meat was soggy. I personally feel that this dish has been overhyped.

Tau miu with salted fish (RM12) – both tau miu and salted fish have very strong smell and taste. So I was pleasantly surprise by the outcome – a very delicious dish!


Sin Kong tofu  (RM15) – I love the gravy which was not too starchy. The combination of capsicum,  carrots onions and button mushroom gave this dish an extra boost.


As I paid for my lunch at 12.45pm, I notice a long queue in front of the restaurant – hungry people waiting for a table…Phew! Lucky I was early.

Address: K117, Jalan Sulaimani,
24000 Kemaman.
Terengganu
Tel: +6 09 859 1346‎

Opening Hours:  11.30am - 3.30pm / 6.00pm - 10.00pm

(Closed on Friday)

2 comments:

  1. Wow RM8 for stuffed crab. Long ago, I used to get it for RM5.. a long long time ago :)

    Thanks for all your posts about Kuantan restaurants. Reviews for Kuantan are so hard to find anymore. Very useful for me when I go there on holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're welcome angie. i'm glad you find these reviews useful.

    ReplyDelete