Sunday 28 October 2012

川 人百味, PJS 8 Sunway





I know that Bandar Sunway has many Chinese restaurants and when I say Chinese I mean mainland China. And this one was no exception – it serves Sze Chuan food. Of course the daring and adventurous me had to give it a try.
 

 
 
 
 


Well, as with many other shops of the same ‘species’ this one has no roman name…hmmm…my translation of this would be ‘simple plain people with a 100 tastes’. In other words, expect a variety of dishes. And yes, it didn’t disappoint as far as variety was concerned……but read on to know whether the food was tasty.

 

The place is air conditioned and the tables and chairs are as  clean as a whistle. Even the bowls and tea cups have been sterilised.

 
 
Drinks are either Chinese tea or bottled /can drnks. You have a choice of jasmine tea (picture below), 100 plus, wong lo kat, etc.

 

This is deep fried long beans (RM14). We requested for it to be fried without dried chillies and the outcome was perfect. From where we were seated we could hear the loud noise coming from the heated wok…and that to me is always an indication that the food was going to be superb.

 

Frogs with ginger and spring onion (RM26). The meat was not only tender, but sweet too. This dish was definitely a hit with my son…shhh! Of course I didn’t tell him what it was when he asked me. I just said ‘tender meat’!

 

This is called dan dan noodles (RM8). The noodles had a smooth, silky texture and eating it was easy as the noodles just glided down my throat.

 

Fried rice  (RM14) with squid, carrots, corn, peas and of course some roe as garnishing. I was rather surprised by the serving size…imagine a huge 6” bowl of rice..thats what we got!

 

This is simply called Sweet Vinegar Spare Ribs (RM22)….and yes, true to its name this dish was sweet, but not too sugary sweet as this was slightly  balanced by the taste of the large amount of tomatoes used.

 

Golden silver bun (RM12)  – a nice name for man tou! And the fluffy buns were good too!

 

At the end of  my pleasant meal I couldn’t help but buy some sui kow back for my tea time. There are many varieties but the meat used are beef and chicken.

 

Address : 1 Jalan PJS 8/13

Dataran Mentari

Bandar Sunway

46150 Petaling Jaya

Tel : +6017 366 7160

Only cash is accepted

No comments:

Post a Comment