Sunday 14 October 2012

Hakka Restaurant

A Sunday evening - a hot Sunday evening to be precise and I just couldn't bring myself to eat at the food court nearby as it was way too hot there. The 5 of us decided on Hakka Restaurant on Jalan Kia Peng. We arrived just after 7pm and the entire parking area (they have a HUGE parking area) was occupied. After going in circles for 5 minutes or so we decided to park at Neverland located just next door which charges RM10 per entry!


Many people were standing at the entrance waiting for a table, but we were lucky enough to get a table within seconds.

Five hungry people settled for 5 dishes:-

Stir fried kailan with chinese wine. I don't mind having this dish once a while but if I were fed this everyday I'll soon be a drunkard - well, it has lots of wine in it.



Tofu dish with seng kua. I have never been a fan of both tofu and seng kua but this dish was really appetising  and I must confess that I ate more than 2 pieces of tofu that night - which says a LOT about the taste of this dish!



Bean sprouts with salted fish- well, I would say for RM16 I'd rather eat more meaty dishes! The bean sprouts were a little raw - personally I prefer well cooked ones!


Steam cod fish -with ginger. The Chinese say that the best 'test' for a fish is to eat it this way  -and I mmust say that the cod fish I had that night passed with flying colours as it was very fresh and steamed to perfection!






Pork knuckles - this is one of their more famous signature dishes - deep fried to perfection, what you get is cripsy pork skin on the outside and 'melt-in-the-mouth' pieces of meat (read as FAT) inside - very tasty and certainly one of the best ones in town!


For all the excellent food which we devoured that night, the damage to our wallet was approximately RM300.



Address: 6 Jalan Kia Peng
50450 Kuala Lumpur

Tel : +603 2143 1907

Opens for lunch & dinner

Credit card accepted

No comments:

Post a Comment