Tuesday 2 October 2012

Ah Heng Yong Tau Fu, SS19 Subang




There’s a new yong taufu shop in town! Recently opened on 23 September 2012, I braved the after office hours jam and arrived at 7pm.

 

Ah Heng yong taufu is located at the exact shop lot as Wooka yong taufu which I reviewed some time back. One look and I  can say nothing much has changed in terms of appearance – the tables, chairs, ambience, etc …and as I entered I couldn’t help but wonder whether these are the same people behind Wooka.
Sweet sauce  and chilli sauce
 

We ordered 2 drinks – one is soya plus cincau (which is known as Michael Jackson in many other places) and the other is simply called R&S. Surprise, surprise! The soya cincau came with gula melaka (palm sugar). One sip and I could tell I would struggle to finish up this RM2.80 drink.
 
 

R&S (RM4.50) was simply a fizzy drink…..my guess would be Ribena & soda…but I never did find out. It had some longan in it. Far too sweet!
 
 

This is the spare ribs curry (RM12)  – the colour did put me off…and when I tried it, it was certainly did not live up to my expectation of curry as it was not hot, but rather sweet.
 
 

Fish cake (RM5) – despite all my grouses about the food here, I must say they serve pretty good deep fried fish cake. With a clean-mild fish taste and firm texture, eating it was a delight.
 
 

Choy sum (RM8) – the vegetables were slightly tough and I did not like the fact that some vegetables were not cut . This dish was  slightly oily for me too.
 

Yong taufu – each piece costs RM1.20 and I would sum it all up as ‘nothing to shout about’
 

 

Address :   10 Jalan SS19/6

47500 Subang Jaya

Tel : +6012 619 9551

Opening hours : 10.30am -3 pm, 5.30pm to 10pm

Cash terms only

No comments:

Post a Comment