Monday 22 October 2012

Kedai Yong Tau Foo Kwong Kee, Paramount, PJ



On a not so hot afternoon I ended up in Taman Paramount PJ looking for some good yong taufu as I have been told that Kwong Kee serves one of the best yong tau fus in PJ.


It’s fairly easy to locate this place – right opposite the old cinema (now occupied by Giant) and next to Hong Leong Bank. The place has no air conditioning and can get rather hot.



I ordered a glass of soya bean (RM1.50)– said to be homemade, I really loved this drink as it did not have that pretentious, artificial flavouring. It was so rich with soya goodness that I ordered a second glass…shhhh!



Fried mee hoon (RM2.50) – simple yet delicious. It doesn’t have much ingredients in it – just some shredded cabbages and bean sprouts, but it tasted really good. I believe they must have used their soup base when frying this noodles as I hardly felt any thirst after eating this.

Porridge (RM4.50) – I don’t really fancy porridge, but this one was certainly top notch – filled with lots of peanuts, Chinese mushroom and dried oysters –a must try here!

Here are the various yong tau fu I had –okra, tofu, fishball, fried fishball. All were alright except for the boiled fishballs which were slightly tough – too much flour. I noticed that their entire fridge was filled with bitter gourd and various uncooked vegetables waiting to be filled with fish paste and served to customers – that in itself is testimony to the quality of food here.

For the record each piece of yong taufu is priced at RM1.20
Address :  22, Jalan 20/16A, Paramount Garden, 46300 Petaling Jaya

Tel: +6012-652 0003/+6019-610 9391

Opening hours: 7.30am- 3.45pm

Cash terms only

No comments:

Post a Comment