Friday 12 October 2012

Home Made Fish Head Noodles, SS15 Subang Jaya






With branches in Midvalley, Kota Damansara & Subang Home Made Fish Head Noodles is a name that I come across a lot whenever someone mentions fish head noodles.

The SS15 outlet has a very pleasant exterior…and that was what lured me in. The interior was of course pleasant too. With air conditioning and artificial flowers to adorn the place, even the fussiest of eaters will not make a fuss.

The menu shows that apart from fish head noodles, this place also serves porridge, a variety of rice and some side orders too.

To get the attention of the waiters just press the button in the gadget below. Your table number will then be reflected on a screen behind the cashier and the eager waiters will serve you with a pleasant smile. Good service always makes my day!


This is barley with gingko (RM3.20) – looks like soya bean…but then when you really ‘dig’ into it, you will find some treasures in it i.e gingko which is said to be a memory booster. I like this drink and finished it in a blink.

This is jasmine tea – on the house as our order exceeded RM50, thanks to the Standard Chartered Bank promotion. (Note: You also get a 10% discount on your total bill if you use the same credit card).

Vanilla milk shake (RM5.80). I did try a sip of this but found it to a way too sweet for my liking. If watered down, I believe this drink would be something I could love.

We had this for appetiser –Japanese cucumber with sesame. I would say the taste just didn’t agree with me. I guess this pickle was freshly made and as such was lacking in taste.


This is only for the adventurous and bold eater – fish head yee mee (RM8.80). This has milk in it (by choice) and the yee mee had the right texture – not too hard, not too soggy. The soup was sourish as it had lots of tomatoes in it. It also had salted vegetables and  fish paste.What I like is that you have the choice of having milk or not in your noodles.

This is sang har fish head noodles (RM16.50) . The soup taste similar to the fish head yee mee. But, one thing that didn’t quite please me was the presentation – just look at the ‘mess’ in the bowl when it was served. The thick milky broth had some fried  fish fillet in it. The fillets were crispy on the outside but had lots of bones which made eating them a little unpleasant.

Fried hor fan with beef (RM9.80) – just look at the picture and tell me whether if makes you salivate


Address:

21-23 Jalan SS15/4B

47500 Subang Jaya

Tel : +603 5611 6323

Credit cards accepted



No comments:

Post a Comment