Thursday 18 October 2012

Perniagaan Sin Eng, 益记小食馆, Kuala Selangor



An early morning drive to Kuala Selangor brought me to Perniagaan Sin Eng which is an old coffee shop famed for its noodles.  Thank God the place was not full and I found a table in a jiffy.


The first thing I noticed was the flowery table (it’s the design of the table cover, not the table cloth that is). And on that table is a bottle of vinegar. A look at the manila cardboards on the wall confirm that the information I have earlier obtained prior to making this makan trip was accurate – lots of noodles are available here.



This 'gadget' caught my attention -this is the pan mee making 'machine'


The  2 of us wanted a light breakfast as we had a huge lunch waiting for us at a wedding reception nearby. This is dry claypot pan mee  (RM4.20) – cooked with lots of minced pork, I love this very much. The noodles were smooth and cooked al dente i.e fully cooked but not overly soft.

I also tried the pork noodles (RM3.20). It had lots of lard…and was simply scrumptious. I even drank up all the soup.


These are the drinks we had – milo (RM2) and tea (RM1.10). I have always fancied the way old coffee shops in little towns make their coffee and tea…and this one was certainly my cup of tea! Get it?


GPS Coordinate : 3.353333,101.252051

Cash terms only



No comments:

Post a Comment