Friday 28 September 2012

Restoran Green View, Petaling Jaya

Restoran Green View is located near, the now demolished, Rothmans roundabout in Section 19 PJ, on the road which leads to SS2. I’ve driven past this place at least a million  times throughout the years but have never summoned enough courage to walk in as I was told that food prices here are exhorbitant.

Today, I told myself that I must go, no matter what as I’ve just got my salary….well, if food turns out to be expensive then all my blogs for the next month shall be that of roadside stalls…what the heck!
There were 3 of us. We ordered orange juice & watermelon juice. Fruit juices here aren’t that expensive nor are they cheap. For RM5 each, you get a glass of freshly squeezed juice….and I ain’t complaining.
This is fresh water prawns noodles (RM78) a.k.a sang har meen .... Let me tell you about the prawns –they were of course huge and meaty. The rich and flavourful  fresh prawns were to die for and this was true of the noodles as well because the sweetness of the prawns were absorbed by the noodles. The noodles- yee mee to be exact- were crispy and crunchy when served and you need to cover them with the sauce which had some semi-cooked eggs. The outcome was something truly heavenly.


Stir fried green dragon vegetables (RM28)  – I love this vegetable as it smells and taste like chives (kuchai). I guess this is another modern day vegetable as I have never tasted it as a child.

Fried man tou (RM4) – well, the best translation of this would be fried bun. Actually Green View has 2 varieties  of buns – fried and steamed. We opted for the more delicious albeit less healthy option. I simply adore the man tou here as they are truly fragrant and yummy too.

This is steam crabs with eggs (RM77). Well, what’s a trip to Green View without trying the crabs here. In fact, before we even walked into the restaurant we saw baskets and baskets on crabs on display with prices ranging from RM80 to RM110 per kilogramme. The meaty crab steamed to perfection was such a feast!



And I am happy to say that I shan't be blogging from road side stalls for this month..at least not yet!


Address : 6 & 8 Jalan 19/3
46300 Petaling Jaya
Tel : +603 7958 1076
Opening hours: 11am to 11pm
Visa & Mastercard accepted

No comments:

Post a Comment