Thursday 26 July 2012

Restoran Wooka Yong Tao Foo, SS19 Subang

It’s close to 7pm as I walked in and only one other table is occupied.








My dinner partner said ‘Is that an indication of the quality of food served here?’.

‘Let’s not make any assumptions, give it a try, and we’ll find out’, I replied.

So we looked at the menu – many items were crossed out..sigh!  Wanted so much to have assam fish but was told it wasn’t available. So we settled for these:-


Chee Cheong Fun – I was surprised to see it served this way –all chopped up and filled with gravy. Well, maybe it was my expectation that left me a little upset. I prefer the uncut version with just a little gravy.


Ladies fingers, brinjal and fried tofu – no complaints here. Taste wise- normal.


Foochow fish ball and normal fish ball in soup. Foochow fishball is normally stuffed with minced pork. Since Wooka is pork-free their version was stuffed with minced chicken. Frankly, I prefer the former. FYI, all the yong taufu here are selling at RM1.20 per piece which is slightly steep.


Fried wanton comes in minimum order of 6 pieces . Presentation wise – slightly boring as there was no greens on the plate.


Oat fish cake – I took a piece and really couldn’t figure out what I was eating. I had to douse this in chilli in order to make it palatable. FYI, this dish plus the 6 pieces of wanton cost RM10.50


The fried yau mak (RM7) was garnished with lots of fried onion. I found it a tad oily for my liking.


By the way, the sauce, which to me I a very crucial part of any yong taufu meal just didn’t work for me. The sweet sauce was ok but the spicy one wasn’t up to mark. What made it worse was these 2 sauces just couldn’t blend in terms of taste.
At the end of the meal, I was close to RM50 poorer and I think you can easily tell whether I’ll frequent this place again!

Address : 10 Jalan SS19/6
47500 Subang Jaya
Tel : +6012 236 9793
Only cash is accepted

No comments:

Post a Comment