Tuesday 24 July 2012

Mamam De Café, KL


Mamam De Café is situated on Jalan Yap Ah Shak which is just a stone’s throw away from the Dang Wangi LRT station. I made my way there this afternoon as the sun was blazing hot and I needed a break from all the walking I’ve done before heading back on the LRT.

I walked into Mamam without knowing what they served as the name doesn’t give a clue! Oh! Lots of ready cooked food arranged in a pretty row with fire to keep them warm.

“Buffet!”, I exclaimed.

“No, we don’t serve buffet. This is nasi campur”, said the lady in charge.

“Oh, it really looked like buffet to me. So..err…how much is the nasi campur?”, I enquired.


“Depends on what you take”, came the reply.

“Fair enough”, I said.


I then got myself a table and decided on the ala-carte. I ordered Nasi Kukus Mamam which looked like this:-


Steamed rice with a piece of chicken (whole leg) and a bowl of spicy gravy. This costs RM6.50. I like the rice as it was fragrant. The chicken was tender but would have been better if they had put less salt.



I also took some ulam – raw vegetables i.e four angled bean, tomatoes and lettuce along with some paku cooked in chilli. The paku lacked belacan but I finished it nonetheless. All these vege for RM3 – not bad lah!
Watermelon juice (RM3) – found this too sugary –would have loved it had the sugar level been reduced –by a lot!

Address : No 5 Jalan Yap Ah Shak

50300 Kuala Lumpur

Tel : +6012 2660172 (Intan Liana)



No comments:

Post a Comment