Tuesday 10 July 2012

Coffee shop, Petchburi Road, Bangkok


Arriving at my hotel in Bangkok minutes before noon (so said the clock at the hotel lobby) , I was starving. A check at  my watch showed 1pm…oh, yeah, Thailand is an hour behind Malaysia. That explains why I was so hungry as I haven’t eaten since my 6am breakfast!
I quickly shoved my three quarter empty bag (yes, the empty space shall be filled with lots of goodies when I return to KL) into the room and made my way out to the streets of Petchburi in search of some common local food.
This is what we ended up eating.
Beef noodles in soup. When the food was served the first thing we all exclaimed was ‘Wow!’. The soup was aromatic it made me even more hungry. Taking a spoonful of soup what I sampled  was a truly heavenly spoonful of nutritious and delicious soup.  The price for this was 40 Baht…and  at that point I did have a slight regret for not ordering this.
This is beef slices, intestine and stomach  in soup with rice. What a big portion….but since I was very hungry, not even a grain of rice of a drop of soup was leftover. The soup tasted better than the earlier one I sampled and every trace of regret which I earlier had was all put to rest.  In fact, I was happy that I made the better choice although this simple meal of mine came with a higher price tag of 60 Baht.


Location : Petchburi  Road, Bangkok (near 7 Eleven)
Only cash is accepted


No comments:

Post a Comment