Sunday 1 April 2012

Shanghai, JW Marriott KL


There are not many Shanghainese restaurants in KL and this time I decided to revisit Shanghai, a restaurant located on the first floor of the JW Marriott Hotel in KL.


Synonymous to Shanghainese  food (for me that is!) is none other than Xiao Long Bao –a must try if you come here.



This is duck tongue. It is tiny – about 5 centimetres and for a first timer, I would say I love it. And ………I had more than one of this.  The taste is totally different from that of duck meat.

This is shark’s fin soup with fish maw. You will notice that the soup is clear. It was quite tasty as well. Shark’s fin is said to be filled with protein  and calcium and is a cure for arthritis.





Cod fish in brandy. Cod fish has a distinct smell and when cooked with the over-powering brandy gives a very unique aroma and flavour.

This is sea cucumber, leek and Chinese mushroom. Quite an interesting combination I would say.



Next up was nothing spectacular- broccoli with Chinese mushrooms. The chef can never go wrong with this dish – so I have nothing more to comment!



This is duck with mini buns. The duck was too dry on its own but tasted heavenly when you dip it in the sauce.
Pork..really fat pork piled up in the shape of a…..pagoda…err….or a rose? Take your pick. To me this dish was totally inedible as I have no liking for fatty meat!


Fried noodles - found this dish to be slightly tasteless and oily.



Address:
1st floor, JW Marriott KL
183 Jalan Bukit Bintang
55100 Kuala Lumpur


Tel : +603 27159000


Opens for lunch & dinner


Credit cards accepted





No comments:

Post a Comment