Tuesday 10 April 2012

Chinese Cottage Restaurant, Publika


Umbrellas hanging upside down from the ceiling greeted me as I stepped into Chinese Cottage for a quick dinner. Other than that the deco in this shop is actually quite simple. It’s Chinese name ‘Kar Hiong’ means hometown….and with such a name I couldn’t help but expect some home cooked food.



I ordered a passion fruit drink (RM5). It was sourish and certainly had that caffeine effect on me…my sleepy eyes opened immediately.


I tried a few dishes but I would only like to highlight this (as I ate up the rest before taking any photos – they were so appetising) – claypot kangkung. Frankly I have never seen this dish before. It’s slightly spicy and the kangkung was certainly very tasty. Mind you, it’s not the normal kangkung that we get from the hypermarkets or markets. I was told that this was supplied by the owner’s friend who planted them in water.  And the best part of it was that it only costs RM8.

 And for the record,yes....it all really gave me that homey feeling. Love it!

Note: Publika was formerly known as Solaris Dutamas

Address : D1-G3-9, Publika

Jalan Dutamas 1

50480 Kuala Lumpur
 
Cash terms only

1 comment: