Monday 30 April 2012

Senjyu @ Bangsar Village II

The past few days have been hectic days for me as far as work is concerned. Today I

finally  get some time for a proper lunch and the first thing that comes to my mind is Unagi. I

head to Bangsar Village for an unagi meal at Senjyu.

I arrive at 12.50 and the business seems good. Almost all the tables were occupied ( this
restaurant may look big from the outside, but there are not many tables inside).  Found
myself a table and without looking at the menu asked for unagi in teriyaki sauce with
rice (RM25) and a cup of hot green tea (RM2).




I recall what I  once read about unagi – that it is considered an expensive delicacy in Japan
and is typically eaten during the hottest part of summer to keep cool. Unagi is also said to be a healthy food as it provides us with lots of stamina (just what I need to take me through
this chaotic week!)

My unagi dish came within 10 minutes and here is what it looked like.

I would say the unagi (or freshwater eel) had been very well prepared. It was crispy on the outside yet tender and juicy inside. The sauce,however, was a tad  sweet. So I asked for wasabi to eat it with so as to reduce the sweetness of the sauce – with that I ate up everything, knowing that I have gained sufficient protein, vitamin A & E for the day!

Address: 2F-27 & 28, 2nd Floor
Bangsar Village II
No. 2, Jalan Telawi Satu
Bangsar Baru
59100 Kuala Lumpur

Tel : + 603 22871535

Master, Visa & Amex accepted


No comments:

Post a Comment