Wednesday 4 April 2012

Elegant Inn, Kuala Lumpur

I’ve always loved (and I am still a huge fan of) dim sum. So on a rainy Friday afternoon I end up at Elegant Inn reknowned for their Hong Kong cuisine. The menu says – Dim Sum with a Touch of the Heart and after the sumptuous meal I must say yes, indeed it touched not only my heart, but it has also left a very lasting impression on me too.






These are some of the food I had :-

Siew long pao – RM9.20 for 4. Juicy pao –well, one of the best I’ve had so far!



Siew mai with fish roe RM8.40 for a basket of 4 – I really liked this as it not only looked good, but taste good too


Barbecued meat bun RM7.50 – it may not look good, but it was very delicious.


This is watercress dumpling – with such a name I had expected it to be a ‘vegetarian dish’ but it turned out to be something like the normal dumplings but with watercress taking the place of chives.

This looks like cucur udang but it is actually fried oysters – unique!

Sweet & sour fish slices – the fish was very fresh & the succulent pieces of meat were very appetising.

Stir fried kai lan – nothing to shout about…just to please mum as she has repeatedly said that I need to have more greens!

Fried rice – slightly bland & boring to the eye too.



Don’t be fooled by the ‘clear’ soup you see here. It’s actually pig stomach soup. They put in lots of chicken and pig stomach (and black pepper too!)  to boil this soup. Every drop of this soup tells me that a lot of effort has been put into it..and of course it evident from the taste. Absolutely perfect!



Elegant Inn Hong Kong Cuisine 

2.01, 2nd Floor, Podium Block

 Menara Hap Seng

 Jalan P.Ramlee

 50250 Kuala Lumpur

 Tel:   +6 03-20709399     
Opening hours : Mon-Sat 12pm-2.30pm & 6pm-10.30pm, Sundays & KL Holidays 10.30am-2.30pm & 6pm-10.30pm
Accepts Visa & Mastercard, Amex

No comments:

Post a Comment