Monday 27 January 2014

Restoran Fatty Chong, Taman Sri Sentosa

Occupying  a corner lot, just across the road from Checkers is this air-conditioned restaurant that I’ve driven past numerous times whenever I do my grocery shopping at Checkers. Today, I decided to have dinner there with some friends.
The ten of us arrived at different intervals as some were lucky to find a parking spot at the front of the restaurant while those who arrived slightly later had to walk further.



The meal commences with what we Malaysians call ABC soup – boiled to perfection with onions, potatoes and carrots, this soup was definitely a good start to our dinner. And the best part was that it was complimentary.


This is butter prawns. I’ll say that it is probably the best butter prawn I’ve had in a while. Just look at the fineness of the butter with coconut milk strips – one look and I knew I had fallen in love with this super fragrant dish!

Steam fish –this was a simple dish which was very palatable as the freshness of the fish made it simply awesome.

Another 2 dishes ordered for those who could not take spicy food – stir fried san choy with garlic & stir fried baby French beans. I must say that based on what I tasted thus far, the chef must be superb.



Kam heong lala – lala cooked with dried chillies – again the lalas were fresh and the spiciness of the chillies was just right, not overpowering.

All in all I would say that Fatty Chong is a restaurant that I wouldn’t mind dining at every week…the food here is good, the ingredients are fresh and the prices are reasonable.

Address :41, Jalan Seri Sentosa 11,
Taman Sri Sentosa,
Jalan Klang Lama, 58000 Kuala Lumpur

Tel : +603 7781 1743
Mastercard & Visa accepted

No comments:

Post a Comment