Sunday 12 January 2014

Yamada Japanase Restaurant

Yamada means (山田)  literally translated as mountain paddy field is a rather common Japanese family name. I don’t know how this restaurant got its name and I ain’t gonna guess.
Yamada is situated across the main road from the famous Sime Darby Medical Centre, formerly known as  SJMC (Subang Jaya Medical Centre).  The door leading into Yamada is an electric door which opens up whenever a potential customer walks in.
I walked in and chose a table for 4. I like the concept here whereby the high partitions give ample privacy to diners.




Kitsune udon (RM25)  - a bowl of warm noodles served with deep fried noodles never fails provide a very comforting feeling.

Garlic fried rice – priced at RM15, this plate of rice was definitely very aromatic and appetising.


Tobiko maki (RM10) – this certainly stands out from the many makis I’ve had for one obvious reason – the undoubtedly fresh ingredients used.



 Beef teppanyaki (RM48) – frankly the price tag took me aback, but one spoonful of it told me why. The “iron plate”  style of cooking was top-notch, hence we were presented with a mouth watering platter.
This is the sashimi unagi set (RM70)- which comprises of a whole lot of things to eat…at least that was how I felt at the end of the meal –all pigged out! The unagi was superb – rich in Vitamin A, E and protein, unagi has always been known as a stamina booster. The tempura was fluffy and crisp.
Yamada bento (RM75)




Aotake (RM12) -青竹- literal translation for this would be ..errr….green bamboo! I think this is because this dessert is served in bamboo. I like the uniqueness of this rather sweet dessert.

This is called kuzu manjyu (RM12) – in one word – delicious!

Address : 5 Jalan SS15/5A
47500 Subang Jaya
Tel : +603 5631 7039
Master, Visa & Amex accepted

No comments:

Post a Comment