Sunday 15 December 2013

Restoran Lau Kee, Kerling

If you are wondering where Kerling is let me give you a brief introduction of this place. It is located just an hour away from Kuala Lumpur and I would say the nearest town to Kerling, which an average city dweller would have heard of, would be Kuala Kubu Bharu.

Having some free time on my hands today, I decided to venture into Kerling for lunch. I chose Lau Kee for the simple fact that it had ample free parking.  The non-air conditioned  restaurant is spacious and airy. I can see the kitchen staff busy at work – making yam baskets, so it was a no brainer that they had a ‘big’ event that night.






We ordered fish –simple steamed fish which costs RM27. The freshness of the fish was evident when we began eating…and I really loved it.

Venison – stir fried with spring onion and ginger (RM 17). Venison is always a pleasant meat to have as it is lean and the heat used to stir fry brought out the best of its taste.



Tofu (RM6) – this is their signature dish  - deep fried tofu and I must say it has a rather distinct taste and aroma.



We also bought 2 different  types of pau  for snack – the big one is sold for RM2.50 while the one at the bottom  RM1.30 . I love the soft fluffy texture and the outrageously tempting aroma of the pau.






The RM1.30 pau

And if I ever find myself travelling along this road, I would definitely pop in to grab a dozen…..or perhaps even more of their wonderful pau!

Address :  No 38 Jalan Besar
44100 Kerling
Hulu Selangor
Tel : +603 6048 1121 , +6019 2429 770
Cash terms only

  

No comments:

Post a Comment