Thursday 27 June 2013

Spice of India, KLCC


Located on the 4th Floor of KLCC, I would say that the entrance of this restaurant, known as Spice of India , is not prominent. The lacklustre attitude of the staff makes it even more uninviting, but what brings the patrons back again and again is none other than the food. Both Northern and Southern Indian cuisine are served here.





 I ordered Strawberry Lassi (RM 9) – in a tiny glass, it may be slightly overpriced but I love it as the creamy chilled lassi is always so refreshing on a hot afternoon.


Briyani rice (RM13) – such aromatic rice…it really made my tummy growl!


Lamb vindaloo (RM35)   -I’ve been a huge fan of lamb vindaloo ever since I savoured some excellent ones in London many, many years ago.  What I love about vindaloo is the extra umph that I get from the spices used in making this dish. However, the ones at Spice of India just didn’t work for me. Well, maybe my expectation was high as I love my vindaloo to be extra hot, sour and with lots of vinegar.


Bhendi Masala (RM20) – well, 3 words to describe the taste – spicy, tangy, crunchy! Love it!


Murgh tikka masala (RM33) –that’s a chicken masala dish.  The roasted chicken or rather chicken baked in a tandoori pot is served with a spicy sauce called masala. I love the creamy, spicy, orange-coloured gravy. It was great!


Prawns curry leaves (RM45) – big, fresh succulent prawns in a tiny ‘pot’ of curry is something that no one can resist.

Peas mushroom (RM20) – when I ordered this dish, I never expected it to be button mushrooms, but that was exactly what we got. Button mushroom cut into tiny pieces cooked with green peas – surprisingly the combination worked alright.

Address:  Level 4 , Suria KLCC

Kuala Lumpur City Centre

50088 Kuala Lumpur

Opening hours :11.30 am to  10.30 pm 

Tel : +603 2164 9221

 Mastercard, Visa and Amex accepted.


No comments:

Post a Comment