Wednesday 12 June 2013

Restoran Tanjung, Kuantan


Many Kuantan folks have recommended this place to me & I finally made the time to try out the food at Tanjung. It was drizzling as I walked in and I noticed that the entire place (I’ll tell you why I use this word instead of restaurant!) was empty except for the waiters and waitresses.

 
 
I looked around just to make doubly sure that I had not got the wrong place. I saw what resembled parts of a boat! And that was not the end of the ‘surprises’!  I even believe I saw engine oil bottles….argh! the place certainly looked unkempt to me. Frankly the disheveled appearance put me off and as we were deciding whether to go next door, the waitress smiled at us and politely asked us which table we would like. There were hardly any tables there – less than 10 I would say, and most of them were filled – a huge table which can sit 10 people was filled with pineapples, another was covered with vegetables………








We chose a table for 8. And started ordering food:-

This is stir fried spinach with garlic. A very ‘safe’ dish to order – if you now what I mean as it does not take much culinary skills to get this dish right.
 

 

Mutton curry – tender , rich in flavour and mouth watering, this dish was of course my favourite.

 
 
 
Butter prawns – I love the crispiness of the prawn shells so much that I actually ate some of them. The curry leaves used added an irreplaceable fragrance to this dish whilst the cili padi used added flavour to this already wonderful dish.
 


 

Pork ribs in Marmite- although the ribs were slightly tough, the well marinated ribs were heavenly.
 
 
 
Steamed fish – steamed with ginger and garnished with some spring onions and parsley, the freshness of the fish was definitely felt as we devoured the fish within seconds!

 


What surprised me was that although the building looked big from the outside, there were hardly any tables available for lunch time customers. Furthermore, I was told that credit cards are only accepted for dinner. For lunch, payment is strictly on a cash basis only.

  

Address : Lot 57971 Medan Selera

Jalan Haji Ahmad

25300 Kuantan

Tel : +6012 983 2457

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment