Thursday 6 June 2013

B Kee, Kuantan


On my last trip to Kemaman, I wanted to try out B Kee. In fact, I went there twice, but on my first attempt the place was full and on my second, B Kee wasn’t opened. So this time around I have become a little smarter. I called up to make a reservation and that was how I managed to get a table.

Business sure is brisk here. The sole foreign worker seemed rather busy as he put away the used plates and cutlery, wiped the table sparkling clean and served patrons. The lady boss is in charge of taking orders and she too helps out with serving food and cleaning the tables!
 



6 hungry tummies to be filled – so we decided that we would each order  a dish. The smartest aleck played safe and ordered stir fried yau  mak. To me the presentation of this dish was totally unappealing. But it tasted alright.
 

 

I ordered ikan jebong curry. Well, in case you don’t know what that is it’s scientific name is Abalistes stellaris. Yes, I know I’ve confused you even more…well, in our markets in KL we simply call it ikan ayam. The fish tastes just like chicken. Don’t be fooled by its messy appearance as the curry was really alluring. As we ate, it became more and more addictive, I would say, and hence we ended up ordering more rich.

 
 
 
This is B Kee’s signature tofu. An interesting dome with goodies inside – that’s how I would describe this velvety smooth tofu.

 
 
 
 
 
This is another of their signature dish – pork served in a mini wok , Sinfully fat pork with some lean meat cooked in a delicious sauce. It was excellent.
 


 
 

Well, another smart aleck ordered this – known as their signature prawns, this was prawns with cheese – you can feel the cheesiness oozing out from the prawns with every bite. I simply adore this.

 
 
This is called their signature chicken….hmmm..when I look back at these photos, I now realise that all of them  were really conservative that night…almost all of them chose signature dishes..but I really aint complaining because the food was awesome. This chicken dish, I was told involves many steps – steaming and baking, etc. The outcome was succulent chicken with a great taste .
 


We certainly left B Kee very impressed. Dinner was just under RM150.

 

Address: B 3298 Jalan Air Putih

25300 Kuantan

Tel: +6016 933 8118, +6017 976 8788

 

Only Cash is accepted

No comments:

Post a Comment