Wednesday 29 August 2012

Restaurant Jin Xuan Hong Kong, PJ Old Town

Dim sum for brunch is something I can never resist. Today I went to Jin Xuan in PJ Old Town. Jin Xuan has 6 outlets. The latest one is at Kota Damansara. They have also got outlets in Damansara Jaya, Uptown, PJ Old Town (of course!), Kuchai Enterpreneurs’ Park and Puchong Jaya.


I arrived at quarter to 11 and sadly, not even one table was available. So, for the love of dim sum I had to wait a good 5 minutes for someone to finish up their food so that I could then begin my dim sum meal.
The first thing I did was order drinks. At RM4 a glass I would rate this as expensive. Here’s what I drank – longan – very sweet and thirst quenching. Love it!
Below is the array of dim sum that I ate. Call me a glutton, but if you don’t eat lots of varieties, then there’s no point in having a dim sum feast, right?
Siew mai RM4.50 – tasted very good

teamed meat dumplings RM6 for 3 – that would be RM2 each – wow! Quite expensive. When it was served, the gravy was already oozing out – so, can I get a discount for this?
 S
BBQ pork rice roll RM4.80 –filled with lots of pork , so I can’t fault them for this dish –absolutely worth every sen!

Deep fried turnip cake RM4

Tasty loh mai kai RM4.50

Golden bun RM3.60 for 2 – I love this – the buns are filled with pumpkin and the juice will just ooze into your mouth with every bite –heavenly!


Sharkfin dumpling RM4 –I believe it’s just the name – didn’t see any sharks fin in it…anyway, can’t expect much for RM4, right?

Thai style beancurd RM4 – true to it’s name , it was a little hot!

Sticky rice lotus leaf RM4. I found this too sweet for my tastebud. Well, perhaps it’s because I don’t have a sweet tooth.


Seaweed roll RM4. I enjoyed the seaweed roll  and would highly recommend this.


Marmite spareribs RM10 – try this if you are an avid fan of spare ribs – you won’t be disappointed –that’s for sure

Fried sticky rice RM5 – a little too bland.

Fried yam pastry RM4 – tasted as good as it looked….excellent

This is called fish stuffed root – don’t ask me what it means cos I’ve no idea, but it was very yummy!

rystal shrimp dumplings (RM4.50) ….couldn’t get enough of this.
 C

Steamed beancurd (RM4).  One gem of a dim sum!


I also tried these:-




Well, that ends my dim sum fiesta for today!




Address: 19 Jalan 1/21
46000 Petaling Jaya
Tel : +603 7781 5688

Mastercard & Visa accepted


















No comments:

Post a Comment