Wednesday 1 August 2012

New Restaurant Ipoh Chicken Rice, SS15 Subang

I first came across this restaurant as a young primary school student. ..that was decades ago! Grandpa used to bring us to their outlet in Jalan Gasing, which, by the way, is still open til this very day. Over the years, they have, of course, expanded with outlets in Puchong and Sri Petaling, just to name a few.

Today my craving for good chicken rice brought me to New Restaurant Ipoh Chicken Rice in SS15. If you know where First Subang is, looking for this place would definitely be a breeze...they are located along the same road and is visible from Persiaran Jengka.

This is an air-conditioned outlet with free wi-fi. Students and lecturers of nearby colleges only need to show their ID to get a 10% discount. As we walked in around noon, the place was abuzz.

Three hungry gluttons.....and these were what we ordered:-

Umbra juice and sea coconut. I must say the umbra was way toooo sweet....well, I guess those with a sweet tooth would have loved it, but not me.


Half a chicken for RM20. Perfectly roasted and served with sufficient gravy to remind me of the good old days when I used to frequent their Jalan Gasing outlet with grandpa. Looks like the recipe has not only been maintained, but also improved on. Love it!


Bean sprouts (RM8)....or should I say Ipoh bean sprouts (fat & short , as they should be) with salted fish. I give this 9/10.....delicious and pleasing.


Lotus root soup (RM7.80) - I took a look at the size of the bowl and got a shock. Finally had to share it because there was no way I could finish it all on my own.


This is the kerabu chicken feet. It was worth every sen (RM5). I love the sourish spicy taste it had, but I would have enjoyed it more had the chillis been reduced. (lots of tiny cili padi in it)


Fish cake - RM8. I like the taste of  this and especially more so when the pieces of fish cake are dipped into the chilli sauce.


Roasted pork for 2 persons (RM20)....  it had too much fat. However, the skin was crispy and the succulent pieces of pork just melted in my mouth....yummy!



A pleasing meal in a comfortable air-conditioned place!


Address:No 2 Jalan SS15/4B
47500 Subang Jaya

Mastercard & Visa accepted.

No comments:

Post a Comment