Sunday 5 August 2012

Kim Asam Laksa @ Nan Guang, Balik Pulau

Touted as the best asam laksa in Balik Pulau, Kim asam laksa was what my GPS led me to when I keyed in ‘famous asam laksa’. Before entering the shop, I noticed that right across the road, there was another asam laksa stall.






I walked into Nan Guang & realized that there are 3 versions of asam laksa here. First is the normal asam laksa, secondly the santan laksa & the third is called ‘Mix’ i.e asam laksa mixed with siam laksa. A small bowl costs RM3 while the big one is priced at RM3.50.



I ordered a small bowl and a glass of umbra juice (RM1.60). The juice was refreshing but could have been better if it hadn’t been so dilute.





Now let’s have a look at the asam laksa. Very aromatic indeed! The noodles were very tasty. I love the texture of the noodles which certainly was made of more rice than tapioca flour. As for the soup – the word to describe it would be perfect. The soup was just right – not too spicy – the amount of tamarind sauce was reasonable and the soup was bursting in flavour from the generous portion of fish in it. Add in a spoonful of shrimp paste to sweeten the entire bowl of soup ….and what you get is a ‘to-die-for’ bowl of asam laksa. With sufficient garnishing of greens, it was indeed my idea of a perfect bowl of asam laksa.





Address:

67, Jalan Balik Pulau,

11000  Penang

Tel No: 012-4286235

Business hours: 12:30pm – 3:30pm (Closed on Wednesday)

GPS Coordinates: N 5 21.10698 E 100 14.14799

Cash terms only

No comments:

Post a Comment