Monday 13 August 2012

Bagan Prawn Village Seafood, Tambun





Rather secluded…..and errr….quite hidden – those are the words I will use to describe the location of Bagan Prawn Village Seafood. The main entrance of the place looks tiny, but once you descend the stairs you will see an array of sea creatures placed in aquariums and basins.





The place looks pleasing to me and it actually looks out into the river. You will see boats passing by. Surprisingly, there wasn’t any stench.

I have no idea what this is called. I ordered it just by pointing to a photo of it which I snapped on my way in. It is boiled and then eaten with chilli sauce. If you ask me what it tastes like I would say balitong or escargot. (Price RM8) -Not bad!



This is steamed crabs with eggs (RM44). The crabs were fresh and as such eating them was a great delight.


Stir fried baby kalian with garlic (RM6) . I love the fact that this dish wasn’t too oily and it definitely had sufficient wok hei.



Steamed giant garoupa (RM36) – wow! I label this as the star of the day as it was simply perfect. Despite being just steamed with some ginger and oil, this dish was heavenly.



How I wish I stayed close to this place so that I could come here more often!!!


 Address: 672 Bagan Bukit Tambun

14100 Simpang Ampat,

Penang

Tel:04-5880541, 04-5872206

Opening hours: 12pm-, 5.30pm-11pm.

Master, Visa & Amex accepted


No comments:

Post a Comment