Monday 6 August 2012

Old House Restaurant, Penang



After visiting the Cheong Fatt Tze mansion I felt like a ravenous wolf. I walked on for some 10 minutes or so and ended up at this beautifully decorated place called Old House Restaurant.




The Buddha statue outside the place was smiling away as if inviting me to go in, and that was exactly what I did.






“Wow”, I was  amazed.    The place really looked very nice. With paintings from the Manchurian era decorating the walls of the restaurant and antique chairs and tables plus the air conditioning (it was at least 37 degrees outside!), I really felt welcome.

I was told that they only served set meals at RM13.80 per pax. Left with no choice, I agreed to try the set menu. The photos below show what I had:-
'6 taste' soup


Bak kut teh




Steamed fish


Herbal tea



Address: 52 Kimberley Street

10100 Penang

Tel : +604 262 2113
Opening hours : 12 pm to 3pm, 6pm -10.30pm

No comments:

Post a Comment