Monday 27 October 2014

Secret Recipe


I don’t normally  accumulate photographs of a particular eatery but this is what I’ll do this time around. Secret Recipe is a franchise that is well known to the average Malaysian. I’ve been to many outlets, amongst them, the newly re-opened outlet in Capital Square, Amcorp Mall and Section 52 PJ.

I shall tell you what I think of the food as I can safely say that the service varies from outlet to outlet. In some the servers go all out to please, whereas in some, you just wait for your food til you feel like leaving.

This is a basket of complimentary chips – crispy and tasty, I have no complaints as far as the chips are concerned. However, I have noticed that some outlets serve the chips right after your order is placed but some won’t bother giving you any until and unless you ask for it!


Ice lemon tea – zesty and pleasing, this is my must order drink whenever I dine at Secret Recipe.



Salad – I love this simple yet nutritious salad. This one had very fresh  vegetables and I love it.



This is the curry which I would described as being super rich – people in Malaysia will say it’s ‘very lemak’ as it is very rich in coconut milk (read FAT)!

Chicken with mushroom sauce served with a hearty bowl of corn and some rice – the chicken portion is generous but I find this served with a little too much gravy.


My all- time favourite Japanese soba – Secret Recipe has two versions of this i.e the vegetarian and non- vegetarian versions. I prefer this version which has some meat. The al-dente  noodles are a pleasure to savour and the large quantity of vegetables that come in this bowl complements the noodles very well. I often like to take my time with this as the crunch celery, carrots and cabbage needs some careful chewing.


No comments:

Post a Comment