Wednesday 14 August 2013

Happy Restaurant, Sitiawan

I went to Sitiawan  last weekend to celebrate a birthday. As the birthday boy wanted to eat in the comforts of his home, we decided to pack some food for him from this place called Happy Restaurant. I was told that Happy is one of the oldest and most established restaurants in Sitiawan, having moved from its original outlet in Kampung Koh to its present location, which is more accessible to the average tourist like me.


This is mantis prawn cooked with nestum. Sugar is sprinkled on top to give it a hint of sweetness. I love the crunchy batter and found this rather unique dish excellent.

 
Pork trotter – huge in size and bursting with flavour, this was a hit amongst all of us as we chatted over lunch. We ate this with the man tou and it was simply heavenly.
 
 

Fish maw cooked with sea cucumber -  this is a rather spicy dish and is a well known Foo Chow delicacy which always makes its way to the dining table during special occasions such as Chinese New Year and birthdays.


Tofu soup – this is another dish that I have only found in Sitiawan – made with lots of tofu and choy sum , this soup did not appeal to me as far as looks were concerned. However, it was very delicious and I must admit that I had more than 3 bowls of this!


Address : 73 & 74 Taman Ria Jaya
Jalan Raja Omar
32000 Sitiawan,
Perak
Tel : +605 6913563
Cash terms only
Opens for lunch and dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment