Wednesday 24 July 2013

The carpenter's daughter , Taipan




Look carefully at the name of the shop - yes, you've read it correctly - The Carpenter's Daughter. This is what is known as an artisan bakery cafe with an emphasis on serving healthy food. If you want to know how this place got its name, well, the owner's dad who is in his 70s is a carpenter, hence she is a carpenter's daughter.





This bakery doubles up as a cafe, meaning that besides the normal fare you would expect to find in a bakery, you can actually sit down here to enjoy a meal too. I went there recently with 2 friends to see what this place has to offer. And I must say I did like the ambience very much. I was told that much of the carpentry work in the shop has been done by the Carpenter himself!





The above shows the 3 drinks we ordered - iced peach tea (RM5.90), honey lemon with ice (RM6.90) and strawberry yoghurt smoothie (RM10.90). I highly recommend the smoothie as it was incredibly delicious - and it does wonders for our health too!





Mushroom soup (RM11.90) - well, nothing spectacular about this bowl of soup...I would say the noly thing that lingered in my mind (until today!) is the hefty price.





Aglio Olio (RM15.90) - this is a staple food in Rome, and what I would describe as simplicity at its best. I love this delicate yet simple and tasty plate of spaghetti.




 French fries (RM5.90) - in one word - edible.



Garden mixed salad (RM11.90) - with a dash of red, purple and lots of greens, the salad, which had thousand island dressing was superb. I truly love the crisp and fresh vegetables.





 Garlic bread (RM3.90) - sometimes it does pay to judge the book by its cover. The minute I looked at this I knew what the taste would have been. To me, it looks rathe dull. Perhaps more butter and herbs would make this bread more palatable.





Margherita pizza (RM20.90) -The minute the pizza was served, the aroma was just too much for me to turn down a slice when offered. I love the milky flavour of the cheese used and the puffiness of the pizza. in short, Iwould say this pizza was alright.



Address : 46 Jalan USJ10/1E
Subang Jaya
Tel : +603 8081 1218
Opening hours : Weekdays 8.30am-9.30pm, Weekends : 8.30am-10pm
Mastercard & Visa accepted

No comments:

Post a Comment