Sunday 21 July 2013

Pad Thai USJ10

Pad Thai is a halal restaurant located in what is commonly known as Taipan in USJ10. We arrive at 11.50 on a Sunday morning and the place was not opened yet. When one of the workers saw us peering into the shop, he smiled at us and asked if we would like to go in. We nodded and he opened up the shop for us.






These were the drinks we ordered. Well, since this was a Thai restaurant, we definitely had to have their Thai coconut drink.
 

Fishball noodles – something I was rather amazed to find in a Thai restaurant – reason being I had this pre-conceived idea that Thai food ought to be spicy or sour…so plain old noodles wasn’t something I expected to find on their menu. Anyway, I must say I would rate  quality of this bowl of noodles as acceptable.
 

Pineapple fried rice – to me, the presentation was a let down as I always expect my pineapple fried rice to be served in one half of a hollowed out  pineapple . Anyway, after I had gotten over my….should I say disappointment , for lack of a word, I tried the rice. My oh my…it was a solid combination of sweet, sour, spicy  and savoury.
 

This is pandan chicken – the combination of ginger, galangal, lemon grass, garlic, soya sauce and sesame oil never fails to whet my appetite!
 

Kerabu chicken feet – this is often touted as an appetiser of Thai cuisine and I can see why – it has lots of fire power, from the cili padi used and the sour lime. My only complaint of the version I had here was that the chicken feet was a little too ‘fat’.
 

Tub tim krob – water chestnut in  coconut milk. Who can resist such  a delish bowl of red rubies! This refreshing drink is not too sweet as the melting ice helps to ’balance up’ the drink. The sliced jackfruit and the water chestnut add flavour to this wonderful dessert.

 

 

Address : 21, Jalan USJ 10/1C,

47620 Subang Jaya

Tel No : +016-239 2072, +019-477 9545

GPS Coordinates : 3.048661,101.584566

Mastercard & Visa accepted

No comments:

Post a Comment