Sunday 21 April 2013

TJ Haus Restaurant SS18 Subang Jaya


Located across the road from Tai Thong’s building in SS17 is this simple yellow signage that says TJ Haus. Its simplicity may be a turn off for some, but once you overcome that and walk up the flight of stairs, you will notice that not a speck of dust or dirt can be found on the cream coloured stairs. The walls along the staircase are nicely decorated and you will even get to read a write up of this place, with a picture of Jeffrey. Yes, TJ, I was told stands for Thomas and Jeffrey.
 
I arrive on a Sunday afternoon and I can spotted Thomas reading the newspaper. He gives me a smile but does not say a thing – well, so how did I know he was Thomas…because I took the time to read whilst ascending the stairs!
The pleasant English decorations caught me by surprise as I absolutely adore the ambience there. What more the Victoria Station clock – it really brought back wonderful memories to me.
 




Anyway, on to food! We ordered 3 drinks:-
Zesty orange juice (RM6.50) – refreshing & it really awaken my senses, banana smoothie  (RM7.50) and ice blended chocolate (RM7.50).
 



 
The kids meals here bear creative names – Disney Delight (RM18) & Pink Panther (RM13) were the kids choice. Disney Delight is beef steak with some salad and fries. I was surprised that the portion was actually quite huge, for a kid, that is. I tried it and I must say the texture was simply perfect – not too tough, not soggy either. It was just superb.
 
 
Pink Panther consisted of fried chicken fingers and some fries. In terms of taste and presentation it paled to Disney Delight.
 
Mushroom soup (RM8) – I always rate such mushroom soups far superior than the version you get out of a can …I love this freshly made soup. It had the right amount of mushrooms in it …and the little cream on top made this soup heavenly.
 
 
Garlic bread (RM4) – Fresh from the oven I like the fact that the bread was deliciously crisp and somewhat buttery. Love it!
 
 
Lamb shank (RM28) – I must say this is by far the best lamb shank I’ve ever had. Kudos to the chef!  The meat can be described as meltingly tender…hmmmm…it was what I would call a perfectly cooked lamb shank in a very tasty gravy.
 
 
Grilled smoked beef sausages (RM21) – served in onion gravy with apple, cinnamon, red cabbages and mashed potatoes, this dish was in a word –AWESOME!
 Conclusion : Superb food with a simply stunning deco /ambience - I'll be back for sure, no doubt about it! 

Address : 27, 1st Floor, SS18/1B,
47500 Subang Jaya

Tel : +6 03-5636 4508

Opening Hours :
11am-2pm, 6-11pm
(Closed on 1st and 3rd Monday of the month)

No comments:

Post a Comment