Wednesday 24 April 2013

Sassorosso Italian Restaurant , Jalan Yap Kwan Seng


I had a truly memorable chance to dine at Sassorosso  as I was invited for a birthday celebration there. Why I call that a truly memorable chance was due to the fact that the ambience and food, too swept me off my feet. Yes, it was that good.



When I was first told that the party would be held at Sassorosso, I had a hard time trying to remember the name. So I  went to look up its meaning – Red Rock.  Then came the challenging part of trying to locate the outlet on the party day itself. I finally found it (located inside a house) but I must warn you that parking is rather limited, so be prepared to walk……just a little distance.

 


I noticed how cleverly the owners have done up the place. The table we were at was actually in a room with clear windows. However, we did not feel any heat from the scorching afternoon sun as plants were used as a layer of ‘protection’. It was indeed very pleasing to the eyes too as those plants also serve as a natural curtain!

This is what I had – barramundi. Notice how carefully the fish had been placed at an angle on top of a bed of vegetables. I love the detailed manner in which the chef has arranged the food and how he (I guess it must have been a he) has decorated my dish.

 

And for the record, they have an excellent wine list.

 

Address: 9 Lorong Yap Kwan Seng

 50450 Kuala Lumpur

Telephone:+6 03 2166 6428

Opening hours : Mon-Sat    12-3pm, 6-11.30pm

 Sun  6-11.30pm

Amex, Master & Visa accepted

No comments:

Post a Comment