Monday 25 February 2013

Wing Hiong, Jalan Yap Ah Shak



This is a Bak Kut Teh chain with quite a number of outlets located within the Klang Valley. We were famished and needed some really good energy booster to take us through yet another long day at work.
We opted to sit upstairs where the air conditioning was better and the place definitely looked much larger. 

This is dried bak kut teh (RM13 per pax), something which I don’t really fancy as I always prefer BKT to be with soup. However, I must say that the pork stomach was very palatable, In fact it was great!

The pig intestine in this bak kut teh (RM12 per pax), YES, in soup, was absolutely perfect. Unlike those I’ve eaten elsewhere, the intestine was well cleaned and the texture was just right. On top of that, the waiter & waitress too were very obliging each time we asked for additional soup.  And, how can I forget about the herbal aroma that tickled my senses!

This looked nowhere near the yau mak we ordered. It was actually kai lan (RM8), but we didn’t object as the young  kai lan  tasted really good as well.
Pork tendon (RM16)  – something I don’t really fancy. To me it was just like eating starch!

Steamed Lala (RM22 for a large portion)  –I love this dish a lot as it wasn’t too spicy nor was it tasteless. In fact it was absolutely heavenly that we polished it off within minutes of it being served.

Address : 7 G Jalan Yap Ah Shak
40300 Kuala Lumpur
Tel  : +603 22028442
Opening hours : 8am to 10pm22028442


No comments:

Post a Comment