Tuesday 12 February 2013

Din Tai Fung, Empire Subang



With an impressive chain of outlets located not only in Malaysia but also in Taiwan, China, Hong Kong, Korea and Australia, just to name a few, Din Tai Fung has come a long way from the days when its owner, Bingyi Yang, used to sell cooking oil. Just for the record, the original shop set up by Bingyi Yang still stands proud in Taipei.


I went to the Empire outlet today and was pleasantly surprised to find the place packed!



We asked for a table for 8 and were told to wait outside the shop as they prepared our table. I found it a little awkward standing outside!

Once our table was ready, we were ushered to our table, which turned out to be a long table. I must admit I was a little disappointed as I always prefer round tables, especially so when having a Chinese meal.

These are our refreshingly juicy drinks – passion fruit lemon (RM8.50) and peach lemon (RM8.50)

This is golden pumpkin (RM11.80) – a combination of pumpkin and salted eggs coated in flour and deep fried . I found this combination unique and tasty.

Chicken soup  -(RM13.50) – this double boiled soup was not only nutritious but delicious as well. Love it!

Mayo prawns (RM26.80) – I’ve never fancied mayonnaise but this dish was surprisingly well accepted by me. I love the black sesame toppings which went well with the mayonnaise. In fact I had 2 prawns!

Sweet sour chicken (RM16.50) – nothing special about this – it was just alright.

Pork chop (RM11.30) – I love this dish as the well marinated pork was tender and flavourful.

Stir fried French beans – definitely had sufficient wok hei and it was really awesome. Fyi, it was priced at RM17)

Stir fried Nai pak  -another heavenly dish. (RM14.30)

Dou miao  (RM15)– stir fried – come to think of it, Din Tai Fung does stir fry vegetables very well. This was also far above par!

Fish fillet (RM18.50) – reminded me of fish & chips – deep fried battered fish fillet. I found this rather tasteless!

Address: G15 , Ground Floor

Empire Shopping Gallery

Jalan SS16/11/1

47500 Subang Jaya

Tel : +603 5022 2522

Mastercard & Visa accepted

No comments:

Post a Comment