Wednesday 6 February 2013

Sri Ayutthaya, USJ 11




On a quiet evening I made my way to USJ 11 in search of this famous Thai restaurant as my dad was craving for some spicy food with lots of ummph! Sri Ayutthaya has 2 other outlets - one in Medan Damansara and the other in Wangsa Maju.



As we walked in I was rather to surprise to see that the interior decoration was simply awesome and it was certainly top notch.






The front cover of the menu

We ordered 2 different types of tom yam i.e seafood tomyam and prawn tomyam. Each was priced at RM13.90. Tom yam means hot and sour soup and the version here fits the bill!





This is kai lan with salted fish. The vegetables were stir fried to perfection and I loved it!


Kerabu beef - not something that we come across often and that was the main reason we ordered this dish. It was a delight savouring the tender pieces of beef.



Crispy chicken Thai style - until now I don't know why it's labelled as 'Thai style' . The chicken fillet were deep fried and as such were very crispy. You then squeeze some lime on it & dip it in the chilli sauce. Well, I ain't a fan of this dish, but the others were unanimous in saying that this dish was great.





Steam fish (RM55) - this was definitely one over-priced dish, by my standards that is. The gravy just didn't work for me.



Fish cake - at RM5.50 per piece, I would say it was worth every cent paid. The fragrance of the dish coupled with the sauce made every piece of fish cake so mouth watering!



Pineapple rice - the ultimate 'must have' dish at every Thai meal, for me, that is. The aromatic rice with its generous serving of pineapples made us polish up the rice within minutes.



Well, to sum it up what you get at Sri Ayutthaya is authentic Thai food in an authentic Thai ambience. Absolutely marvellous!


Address : 22 Jalan USJ11/3J ,
47620 Subang Jaya

Tel : +603 5631 0928

Master, Visa & Amex accepted

No comments:

Post a Comment