Wednesday 8 February 2012

Makan Trip To Ipoh - Tuck Kee Restaurant, Ipoh

Tuck Kee Restaurant, Ipoh





Before going to Ipoh I asked some Ipoh friends to recommend a good restaurant for makan & many said Tuck Kee in Pasir Pinji – for the food quality & reasonable pricing. We were warned that a reservation is required so as not to be turned away. Our reservation for 10 pax was made 1 week in advance of our makan trip, and even then we were told that all tables downstairs were not available. Frankly when I called up I was impressed by the speed at which the phone was answered – within just 2 rings!
We arrived at 7pm and true enough, there was not a single empty table downstairs. A lady stood at the door and asked for our names. She then told us our table number and told us to go upstairs. As we walked up I notice there was an ‘arch’ to welcome us.
We were seated and our order taken within seconds..very efficient! We ordered one of their must-have dishes which was the sefood pot (RM78). It had fish maw, sea cucumber, mushrooms and pacific clams in it…very delicious indeed!
We also ordered tofu with meat (RM26). The tofu was cooked just right and it managed to absorb the taste from the meat and gravy.
This is broccoli with prawns and carrot (RM30). The prawns were huge and very fresh, I really loved this dish.
The next dish was totally new to me – pork ribs with nga ku (RM16). I expected this dish to taste weird, but in fact it turned out to be very exceptional. I won’t describe the taste here but I’ll say that if I ever come across this dish on a menu anywhere I will order it without any hesitation.

This is the asam garoupa fish (RM33). Its pleasantly unique taste was really appetising that we ate up the entire fish , yes, even the head was all eaten up.
This is de-boned, steamed kampong chicken (RM23). The chicken was very tasty and we really enjoyed it.


Overall I must say that what the Ipoh folks say about Tuck Kee is true –thumbs up for food quality & reasonable pricing, and may I add another thumbs up for fast and efficient service.
Address: 1 & 3 Jalan King
Pasir Pinji
31650 Ipoh, Perak
Tel : +605 254 1906, +605 241 9071
Opens daily for lunch & dinner
Mastercard & Visa accepted

No comments:

Post a Comment