Sunday 12 February 2012

Sakae Sushi, Aeon Bukit Tinggi Klang



Another weekend is here and I long for Japanese
food at affordable prices. I’ll head to Sakae Sushi
Bukit Tinggi as parking there should not be a
problem as compared to other bigger shopping
complexes.
Sakae means growth in Japanese and according to
their website the name was chosen because it also
sounds like Sake, the traditional Japanese wine.
The first thing you will notice here when you step in
is that every table has a computer screen. Just click
and your order is sent directly to the kitchen. You
will also notice a tap at each table. The tap dispenses
hot water and is used if you order a drink of green
tea. You will be given a tea bag and you will have to
fill (and refill) it yourself.

I ordered mogu-mogu, a bottled drink (RM6.90)
 each. I’ll say the grapes tasted far better than the
orange. Both had cubes of ‘jelly’ in them. A little over-
priced for such a tiny bottle!
I also ‘clicked’ my order which was the beef set
(Hanabi Teishoku) which was priced at RM33.90.
The meat was tender and I loved it. Along with the set
came jelly fish (not something I fancy), rice (of
course!), tempura and chawanmushi. Frankly the
batter for the tempura was a little too thick for me.
The chawanmushi on the other hand was soft and
smooth.


I also took some food from the belt. The edamame
was a big regret as it was way too soggy.
Mochi-typically eaten during the New Year in Japan
is made of pounded glutinous rice and then moulded
into shape. This one tasted excellent and I ate up all 3
of them.
Ajitsuke idako (seasoned baby octopus sushi) had a
strange flavor and I didn’t really like it.
This is hukka wakame –a type of edible seaweed
which has a subtle sweet flavour. I ate it all up
because it was not only delicious but was packed with
nutrition (often referred to as the health treasure of
the sea)
Here’s the price guide for Sakae Sushi:-
Address : Lot F17,
Aeon Bukit Tinggi Shopping Centre
No. 1, Persiaran Batu Nilam 1/KS6, Bandar Bukit
Tinggi 2
41200 Klang,
Selangor Darul Ehsan

Tel : 603-3326 2835
Fax : 603-3326 2836
Credit cards accepted

No comments:

Post a Comment